You might be looking to find out the solution of the error “appcmd.exe restore backup” while restoring the IIS backup or settings. I had faced this similar issue on IIS 7.0.
To fix the issue, I’ve tried various approach like
Solution 1 (Doesn’t work for me)
Open command prompt in Admin mode.
Solution 2: (Doesn’t work for me)
- attrib -r% windir% \ system32 \ inetsrv \ config \ schema \ schema.xml
- attrib -r% windir% \ system32 \ inetsrv \ config \ schema \ rewrite_schema.xml
- Change Permissions in DCOM
Solution 3: (Doesn’t work for me)
Then I tried to become the owner of the file. But for some reason, I was not able to do so.
- “C: \ Windows \ System32 \ inetsrv \ History”
- “C: \ Windows \ System32 \ inetsrv \ MetaBack”
- “C: \ Windows \ System32 \ inetsrv \ config”
Solution 4: (Worked for me)
Then I tried the clean to do the clean re-installation of IIS and after that, this worked for me.
Please refer to this link for clean re-installation using this blog.
Hope you like it.