Basic Commands used in GIT
Here I’m listing all basic Commands used in GIT bash.
- git –version: Tells you about version
- git –global Page on user.name “Code Hotfix” : Register user name
- git –global user.email “email@example.com” : Register user email
- git config –list : Git Config
- git help / git help command : Git help
- pwd : Gives you the working directory of repository
- cd .. : To go back
- ls : Gives you all folder
- cd nameOfFolder : To move to the specified folder
- git init : To make folder as a git repository (First move into the folder to make it as a repository)
- ls -la : Gives you the list of folder in repository that keep record of changes
- git add . : To aware git to add the file in the directory it adds to the staging area (. Means all) you can replace (.) With file name like second.txt
- git commit -m “Expressing the detail about change ” : This will commit the changes with the note
- git log : Gives you the commit history
- git log –author=”CodeHotfix” : Gives you commit history of specific author
- git status : Gives you the status of pending changes.
- git diff : Give you the difference of working directory and repository
- git diff –staged : Compare staged area with repository
- git rm filename : Removes the file from repository as well as working directory
- git mv oldname to newNAME : Also rename the file
- git mv oldname to newPATH/newNAME : Also rename the file and move to the new path
- git commit -am “Commit message” :Directly commit to the repository without adding to the staging area
- git checkout — Views/Home/Index.cshtml : Undo Pending Changes
- git reset HEAD filename : Unstage the file to the working area
- git checkout refrenceumber — file/folder : Get the previous version copy of specified file
You can also read Understanding GIT and GitHub
Java Script is a high level, untyped, and interpreted programming and most importantly its a dynamic programming language (term dynamic used for the those programming languages which, at runtime, execute many common programming behaviors rather than compile time). So that’s why you will never get compile time errors, and you will never get Type Safety with Java Script.
If you are working on a website using some templates which comes with the framework like Bootstrap or foundation or may be your website using Metro-UI CSS, then it might possible that you are not using all the properties/selector that are included the CSS file. And believe me guys this is BIG NO to just copy that file which includes several lines of code.
I had a same scenario in which I was working on a website that uses the website template. After development I noticed that my website is taking too much time to load. Then I looked into the Network and realized what I had done. The template CSS that I included is around 5000 lines of code, which is roughly 160Kb in file size. So when every time when my page loads, it takes time because browser has to download 160Kb file.
Continue reading “Identify and Remove unused CSS from Page”
I know guys If you are reading this, you are here for the MongoDB Complete Installation. Before we go for the complete Installation process let me give a brief about MongoDB for those readers who just heard about it. MongoDB is the most popular NoSQL Database, if you are working on a big website and need to store large amount of data than MongoDB is one what you are looking for.
Until now may be you are thinking its looks like normal database so what is difference than RDBMS and why it is called as NoSQL.
So what is NO (Not only) in NoSQL is, the way of storing data. If you had already worked on RDBMS than you would know that RDBMS is the way of storing data in the structured form i.e in the Row-Column pattern. NoSQL stores data in unstructured form, which gives you far better performance, scalablity etc than the RDBMS. For complete difference please refer this RDBMS vs NoSQL.
Continue reading “MongoDB Complete Installation”
Creating your website..!! That’s is pretty awesome. Then you should better know that one of the most important considerations of building websites is to make sure that your website load faster.So now the question is what makes your website slow, and what are the things that should be considered while developing your website. And finally how one can analyse how it loads in different devices.Don’t worry in this article I’m going to cover all these points. So let’s start.
What makes your website slow ?
Continue reading “How to make your website load faster”
Capture traffic using Fiddler and Wireshark
This article is about to traffic capturing and analysis. If you are interested about networking and network security then Fiddler and Wireshark are the tools that you must know about. These tools are also useful for developer too, who want to actually analyse the HTTP request like get/ post etc. There are others tools that will do the same for you but I personally like these two as both are free tools.
Continue reading “How to capture traffic using Fiddler and Wireshark”
Web development is easier when you’ve got the right tools/extensions. There are various tools and extensions available for visual studio that will make your programming more efficient by saving your lots of time and make your life as a developer easier and more productive. The Visual Studio Gallery is the best place to find tools, controls, extensions and templates, so as my favorite place too.
In this article I’m publishing my personal favorite extension which I assume may helpful for you too as per my programming experience. This extensions may update time to time, so for now I am listing all those which are useful and must haves. You can comment those you find useful for you so we can keep this list updated and which will be useful for me and others too.
Continue reading “Must Haves Visual Studio Extensions”
Local Storage and Session Storage
Before HTML5, application data of web applications are stored in cookies. In this article I will explain you what is Local Storage and Session Storage Object, How we can use it our application, What is the difference between Local and Session Storage object. Why HTML Local Storage better than cookies. So lets start with What .
Continue reading “HTML5 Local Storage and Session Storage”
In this article we will learn:
- What is JSON?
- Benefits of using JSON
- A simple demo for using JSON.
So lets start with WHAT IS JSON?
Data is represented in form of key/value pair . Continue reading “JSON Basics for Beginners”
In this article I’ll explain you what is GIT and GitHub ? May be you have a basic idea about git or you just heard about it. First I would like to start with GIT. Understanding GIT will give you better understanding what GitHub is.
What is GIT ?
GIT is a widely used distributed version control system for software development. Git is responsible for keeping track of changes to content (usually source code files), and it provides mechanisms for sharing that content with others. It is a distributed revision control system with an emphasis on speed, data integrity, and support for distributed, non-linear workflows. It provides you the source code management.
Git works by reading a Local code repository (just a folder containing code for your project) on your computer and the mirroring that code. Git stores and thinks about information much differently than systems like SVN .
Git is a version control system; think of it as a series of snapshots (commits) of your code. You see a path of these snapshots, in which order they where created. You can make branches to experiment and come back to snapshots you took.
Continue reading “Understanding GIT and GitHub”