You might be wondering why your Google AdSense plugin has been deprecated. Google has officially deprecated their AdSense plugin for WordPress. It is no longer available for new publishers to sign up for.
On April 5, 2017, existing publishers will not be able to change their ad settings or ad units through the plugin. Then on May 3, 2017, Google will no longer provide support for the plugin.
Google said “We frequently review our products and features to ensure they’re providing maximum value to our users. After reviewing the AdSense Plugin for WordPress, we’ve decided that going forward we can better support WordPress publishers through new innovative features like our automatic ad formats and other upcoming initiatives.”
- Early March 2017: New publishers will not be able to sign up for AdSense by using the plugin.
- Early April 2017: Existing publishers will not be able to change their ad settings or ad units through the plugin.
- Early May 2017: Google will no longer provide support for the plugin.
For more details see this.
Are you not able to change the setting of the previously installed plugin?
Yes, then you might be wondering how to use the AdSense in your WordPress. To solve this problem please follow the steps mentioned below:
Google Guidance for affected publishers
For a better user experience on your site and to be able to make changes to your ad units, we recommend that you follow these steps:
- Back up your WordPress site.
- Deactivate the official AdSense Plugin for WordPress.
- Create and place ad units by inserting the ad code in WordPress widgets:
Hope you find it useful.Cheers!