How to turn windows 8 PC into Wifi Hotspot
In this article I’II explain you “How you turn your PC into Wifi hotspot through command prompt”.
If you find yourself with a modem but no router, you can share one computer’s connection to other devices with a few commands. The wireless connection can be shared and used by other computers, tablets and phones. You’ll need to ensure that your computer has a wired and wireless network connection, or a data and Wifi connection. If you are not sure don’t worry I’II show you the command for this too .
To know whether you device Supports Hosted Network
- Launch a Command Prompt with Administrator privileges and enter the following command
netsh wlan show drivers
If Hosted network supported than you can move on to the further steps…
- Using Windows’ Command Prompt, you can create a virtual network and share it to provide internet access to other devices:
Launch a Command Prompt with Administrator privileges and enter the following command:
netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=P@ssw0rd key=CodeHotfix
Change the SSID value to choose a different name if you want, and use “key” to set a password. This will create a virtual network adapter.
- Start the new virtual adapter by running the following command:
netsh wlan start hostednetwork
- Go to the Control Panel and open up the Network and Sharing Center. You can now spot your new virtual adapter listed there . Click the “Local Area Connection” which share his network with your new Adapter. In my case I’m using Ethernet connection.
- Click the Properties button in the window that appears.
- Head to the Sharing tab and then check the “Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s Internet connection” box.
- Use the drop down menu to select the virtual network adapter you’ve created.
- Click Apply and OK.
- You can stop the Network Hosting with this command
netsh wlan stop hostednetwork
That’s all you can now use you own created Wifi.