Announced completely by surprise at the January 21, Windows 10: The next chapter event, HoloLens is Microsoft’s brand new head-worn Windows 10 computing device. Running a ‘holographic’ version of Windows 10, the HoloLens will immerse you in your personal computing environment.
Be that playing Minecraft, making a Skype call, even walking on Mars, all and more are possible with the HoloLens. It was developed “hiding in plain sight” on Microsoft’s main campus in Redmond.
It’s completely wireless, has spatial sound and a see-through lens so that you can still see the real world in front of you, but with the holograms laid atop it.
It is basically a holographic computer that you wear. It enables you to bring your digital world into your real world.
Science fiction becomes science fact
- Designed for comfort – Microsoft HoloLens is designed for comfort with proper weight distribution that saves your ears and nose from undue pressure.
- Adjustable fit – The adjustable wheel in the headband ensures a comfortable fit for a wide range of head sizes.
- Power and grace – Containing more computing power than the average laptop, Microsoft HoloLens is passively cooled without fans. With no wires, external cameras, or phone or PC connection required you can move freely and untethered.
- Sensor fusion – Microsoft HoloLens has advanced sensors to capture information about what you’re doing and the environment you are in.
- Advanced optics –See-through holographic high-definition lenses use an advanced optical projection system, generating multi-dimensional full color images with very low latency so you can see holograms in your world.
- Custom HPU – The holographic processing unit is custom silicon that processes a large amount of data per second from the sensors.
- Built-in speakers – A precise audio experience without headphones that is immersive, yet won’t block out the real world.
- Microsoft HoloLens is powered by Windows 10, which is the first platform to support holographic computing with APIs that enable gaze, gesture, voice and environmental understanding on an untethered device.
To sum up things Microsoft’s HoloLens will offer immense new possibilities in various fields – gaming, designing, development, education, and anatomy are only some of the few examples of fields that will leap forward decades with the help of this technology.Transform you world with Microsoft HoloLens and unlock new possibilities.